Monday, December 22, 2014

Conversations With Thomas

     I guess we have been talking a lot about Jesus lately, and Thomas has been so sweet with his questions.  When he was hanging out with Paul one day, he asked Paul, "Daddy, what is sin?" Paul told him in four-year old language about sin and how Jesus never sinned. Anytime Thomas sees a cross, he will point at it and say, "there is the cross that Jesus died on for our sins." He says it loud and proud. It makes my heart so happy that he is talking about Jesus and asking questions about Him. 
     Last week, Thomas had a night where he threw-up repeatedly throughout the night. I took him downstairs and held him in the recliner (after changing the sheets) and it gave me comfort that he was upright with me. We both finally fell asleep for a couple of hours and when Thomas woke-up, he stated that he needed to ask me something. "Mommy, did Jesus cry?" I asked him what he meant and he wanted to know if Jesus cried when they put the nails in him? How sweet is that? Thomas is very tender-hearted and apparently really thinks about things. I told him that I was not sure if Jesus cried, but I know it had to hurt really bad, but Jesus was willing to endure all that pain for us. I love talking to my son about my Saviour. There is nothing more important that I can ever teach him about. Whenever Paul and I talk about having Jesus in our hearts, he always pipes in and says, "Jesus is in my heart too Momma!"  I know the absolute most important thing I will ever do is teach my child about the love of Jesus and path to heaven.

     Lots has been going on in my life since my last blog.  I had to restart taking Prednisone after a second liver biopsy. They feel like my autoimmune illness was rearing it's ugly head again, but steroids should help keep it under control. Then, I has a splenic artery aneurysm repair on November 11. It was a fairly easy surgery, but I had some left shoulder pain that was a bit unbearable at times.  After that, I did my full body MRI and Cat scan. They found that a mass on my kidney has grown, so I am currently doing further testing, but the urologist I am seeing made me feel like it is benign and I am trying to think positively. Every time I have an MRI, I do get a little nervous about them finding something else to worry about.

   All of this, plus the holiday season had me stressed out and I felt like I couldn't relax at all. I called my college roommate's mom and asked for some guidance. She, of course, led me to several scriptures that have been so helpful to me. I want to be at peace, the peace that only God can give you, throughout every season of my life. Katy's mom, Janet seems to never get stressed out, and Katy was the same way. I knew she had an understanding in her walk with Christ that I long for. Philippians 4:6-7 and John 14:27 are the two scripture verses I have been meditating on. I have been able to relax and feel much less stressed about the holiday season and I have even been a little spontaneous too. I am grateful for friends like Katy and her family that have been so helpful to me and modeled how I want to raise my own family. It is surreal when you look at your life and see how God placed exactly the right people in my path to help me along my journey. I love when I am able to visit Katy at her family's home in Louisiana, nothing but great memories made there.

     I will keep you updated on what we find out about my kidney growth and I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment